Should I get Botox for uneven eyes? (Photo)

Hi my eyes always seem small in pictures and recently I have noticed they are uneven and maybe drooping. I am 18 and was wondering if Botox Wud help

Botox and eyes

Botox is a great injection to helping open up the eyes and get rid of fine lines.  Without a really good photo it is impossible to give you exact advice.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has a great deal of experience with Botox for the best cosmetic results.

Uneven eyes

Thank you for your question and photo.  It is difficult to tell what you look like in order to determine what would be best for you.  Please be seen in person by a board certified physician that is an expert in performing Botox injections.

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD

Narrow eyes

Hi, good question.  If done correctly, Botox can help make the eyes look more "open", by relaxing the orbicularis muscle and lateral canthal area (crows feet), and also by helping to decrease the downward pull of the glabellar area (by paralyzing those muscles).  

It is normal to have some asymmetry of the eyes, and Botox may be able to help somewhat by paralyzing more or less of certain muscles.  This is honestly something that requires training, and expertise.  Many people will say they can do it, but make sure you go to someone who isn't just an injector, and who knows what they're doing.  Otherwise, you won't get the result you want and will be wasting your money. 

Cain R. Linville, MD