Botox stored in cupboard?

I received Botox in my forehead and elevens over two weeks ago. I am 32 and this was my second time to have it. I can still see lines at my elevens especially in the sunlight. I noticed today that my forehead line is reappearing, albeit slowly. I can't really move my forehead but can see this faint line appearing again. My doctor gave me botox out of a cupboard. I am now wondering should it have been refrigerated and should botox always come out of a fridge?Could it have been stale?Thanks

Botox

Thank you for your question. Botox is kept refrigerated. It's possible they just took it out for you or that it was being chilled. If you're concerned I would recommend to ask them directly.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Talk to your doctor

Botox is kept in in refrigerator.  Perhaps they had just used the BOtox on another patient and left it handy to be used on you?  If you have any concerns, I would recommend that you speak to your doctor.  

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox.
Botox is always kept in the refrigerator. It may be best to speak with your provider in regards to how they manage and store their Botox. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox storage

Botox is kept in the freezer until  it is mixed with saline.Dysport is also kept in the refrigerator before it is mixed with saline. Then we keep it in the refrigerator. . They can be kept at room ,temperature for a few hours the day that it is mixed. They may have put it there in preparation of your visit. they may have used Xeomin which does not have to be refrigerated before it is mixed with saline.. They are the most effective used the day they are mixed.
You might call the office and ask their policy on using these products.. These are all good questions.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Forehead/Glabella Wrinkles and Crows -- Botox, Lasers, Fillers, Needling

Often a combination approach is needed such as botox with lasers, fillers, or needling.  I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox stored in cupboard?

Botox and Dysport should always be stored in the refrigerator.  You may have been injected with Xeomin, which can be stored at room temperature until mixed for injection.  I would advise asking your injecting physician about this.  Hope this helps!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and effect

If your line is very deep it can take several treatments over a period of time to freeze this glabella area. You might also benefit from Fraxel as well for these lines. Botox is always stored in the refrigerator. For best results please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Lines after Botox

Etched in lines can almost be considered scars. These are lines in the skin that appear even when not using the muscles. These will not improve significantly with Botox. Over several treatments, the collagen can remodel and they will gradual improve. As for Botox, after it is reconstituted, it is good for several hours, even if not refrigerated. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Storage of Botox

Botox should be stored in the refrigerator.  also, once it is mixed there are various opinions has to how long it is still effective, but always should be stored in the refrigerator

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox stored in a cupboard?

Thank you for your question!  It is hard to say what the routine of the practice is.  Though it is recommended that Botox be stored in the fridge, some physicians take out the Botox and store it somewhere convenient right before the patient comes.  There are also a few other reasons why you feel the lines are still apparent - the dosage, the area injected, etc.  It is best to go back to your physician to see if they can do a touch up and see if this will improve the lines.  I hope this helps!

Natalie Attenello, MD