Bony callus 12 weeks post-op? (Photo)

Following my first septorhinoplasty 14 weeks ago, I was thrilled with the results. Unfortunately I noticed a hard bump on the bridge of my nose two weeks ago, which is very noticeable. Can this bump grow bigger over the coming months? Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Also, can wearing glasses occasionally 7-11 weeks post-op cause or contribute to callus formation? Much appreciated

Bridge Fullness 12 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

Residual irregularity or fullness after rhinoplasty can be usually be corrected with a minor procedure after healing is complete. It is best to wait another 6 months before evaluating the final result and making a decision re the need for a revision. Share your concerns with your surgeon.

Yes, this can sometimes happen.  It is difficult to predict when it will occur.  I would wait a year for the swelling to subside, and then rasping it down may be reasonable.

I believe you are correct that this is probably a callus formation which can occur after rhinoplasty, due to osteotomies or controlled breaking of the bone. Often times these will  settle down with time, but there are treatment options.If the callus is small, sometimes a local injection of steroids will keep this to a minimum. If these become larger or persist, they can be shaved down in the office under local, typically with an 18 gauge needle. Lastly, if necessary, they can be addressed with a revision procedure.I would recommend staying in  close contact with your surgeon to have this examined and get an exact diagnosis and plan. Many small bumps seen early after rhinoplasty will resolve with time and if necessary minor treatments.

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 months after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD