Would I benefit from having filler in my bottom lip? (Photo)

I had about 0.5ml of filler in my top lip about 3 weeks ago. I do have some unevenness on the left side which the doctor is going to correct for me on Tuesday. But I've always thought lips generally look better when the bottom lip is slightly bigger than the top. In my case, I feel that my top lip is bigger. Would I benefit from having filler in my bottom lip? Would 0.5ml in my bottom lip make a difference or would I need more?

yes you would in my opinion, since it appears you have volume in your top lip and adding more to middle third if bottom would make it balanced from the front and side.

Dr Malouf

Dallas Dermatologist

Bottom Lip Filling

Dear susan_1981:

For an enhanced and still natural looking lip, I recommend the bottom lip be at least 1.6 times larger than the top lip.  It is important to remember that the lip dimensions should be proportionate to the rest of your face and I would strongly recommend you see an expert injector to ensure desired treatment goals are achieved.  Wishing you all the best.

Lip Filler

Typically the bottom lip should be larger than the top lip to maintain normal facial proportions, however everyone has individual preferences. You should share your concerns and your expectations with your physician so they can help you achieve the results you are desiring. Best wishes....

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Would I benefit from having filler in my bottom lip?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. Ideally, your lower lip should be about 30% larger than your upper lip, but your bottom lip is shorter. I think you would require between 0.5 and 0.8 cc of filler (depending on product and how your tissue responds) to achieve this balance. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon