Which aspect of a direct hair implantation transplant procedure (using an implanter pen) is the most difficult?

I'm thinking about undergoing an FUE hair transplant with Dr. Vekris in Advanced Hair Clinics. They use the Direct Hair Implantation method. They extract the graft from the donor area, the graft is then loaded into an implanter pen, and then the graft is placed into the recipient area using this pen. The pricing is dependant on how involved Dr. Vekris is himself, so my question is - with this technique, is the extraction of the grafts or the placement of the grafts more difficult to get right?

The method of transplanting hair is at the discretion and experience of the doctor and clinic.

The method of transplanting hair is at the discretion and experience of the doctor and clinic.  This is one of the factors that makes hair transplant surgery variable.  If a doctor (and the doctor's team) is good at this art and technique you should have good results.  

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair impanter

Every steps of the procedure is important, but extraction might be more important.
Using implanter pen minimize the possible minor trauma induced with the slit method.  However, skilled physician is more important then the method that they choose.

Alan Liu, MD
Taiwan Hair Restoration Surgeon

Use of hair implanters

Hair implanters tend to level the playing field in the skill of the staff that does the placing. Not everyone is as good and gentle as a hair implanter can be

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon