Can an areola reduction be made non-surgically? (photo)

Im turning 19 soon and am extremely self concious of my breasts. The reason is my areolas. Most girls my age have smaller areolas whilst mine are big. Is there any way I can reduce it without surgery? (as I dont want a scar). Also its not as perky.

Areola size

If it makes you feel any better, your areola size is totally within the range of normal. I don't recommend areola reduction to simply match the areola size of your friends. The number of people you are comparing yourself to is likely quite small, and if you looked at lots more breasts and areolae, you would see that there are also plenty of areolae that are the same size or larger. If they truly bother you, the good news is that you can have the size reduced. The bad news is that it does require surgery, which requires incisions. The incisions often heal quite well and are not necessarily noticable, but they are incisions nonetheless. They will also change with time and pregnancy.

Areola size

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Areola Reduction - simple outpatient procedure under local

Your areolas are proportional to you breast size.  I assume that they contract when you are cold our stimulated.  You may want to leave them alone.

If you want them smaller, it is an easy outpatient procedure that is done under local if you want.  The incisions improve over 6 to 12 months and with proper technique, they can essentially "disappear" with time. 

In my practice all our patients have maintained or improved nipple sensation and they are extremely comfortable exposing their breasts after the initial healing has occurred.  The use of silicone sheeting / massage and sunscreen will hasten the improvement of the healing.

Scott K. M. Barr, MD, FRCSC, Plastic Surgeon

.barrplasticsurgery.com

Scott Barr, MD
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

.barrplasticsurgery.com

Scott Barr, MD
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Can an areola reduction be made non-surgically?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Unfortunately an areolar reduction can only be accomplished with surgery.  Though your friends may have smaller areolas yours are quite proportional to your breast size.  Hope this helps.

Areolar reduction

Thank you for your question. The only way to reduce the size and appearance of your areolas would be with surgery. At this time there is no non-invasive way to achieve this. Hope this helps, good luck! 

Areolar reduction