Will my areola change shape after a unilateral areola mastopexy?

I have had a unilateral areola mastopexy on my left breast. My right areola is essentially a cone shape where as the left areola after surgery is now quite flat on my breast. Will it sligtly stretch and relax and form a cone shape or will it be flat on my breast forever now?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

Wait and see

This question depends.  But it is easy to see that the areola worked on may have a permanent change in projection.  That said, I would wait and see...

Ethan Philpott, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  You'd probably get a better idea of your final appearance around 3-6 months after surgery.  In general, areola reduction results in a more flat appearance.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Per-areolar mastopexy - does it permentnly change the shape?

Thank you for asking about your areolar mastopexy.

If you just had surgery, things will change a lot -
You can't tell your final result for about 6 months.
But after an areolar reduction, the nipple will be permanently flatter than it was before.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS