Need help and advice on how to get rid of these under eye bags (Photo)

I've always had these bags since 14 years old. It's genetic.

Under Eye Bags - Filling versus Surgery

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. Based on photos you have provided; you appear to be an excellent candidate for under eye fillers. In my practice, I have had great success using the hyaluronic acid filler Restylane to improve volume in this area and reduce the appearance of under eye bags. I prefer to use the microcannula technique when injecting filler in this location because it essentially eliminates the risk of bruising and provides a very natural looking result. I strongly recommend consulting with a board certified specialist who will be better able to evaluate you in person and provide you with specific recommendations to address the under eyes bags. For a more permanent result you could consider a lower eyelid blepharoplasty with repositioning of fat.  

Fillers

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Eye bags

Thank you for posting your photos. You seem young from your pictures, and I would consider doing first non-invasive treatments with fillers. This will help smooth out the interface between your lower eyelid and your cheek. The hollowness in this area is giving the appearance of bags. Hope this was helpful. Good luck!

Under eye bags

You would really benefit from fillers under the eyes. The hollow areas are from lack of volume and appropriate placed filler will look great. Make sure to see someone who specializes in under eye filler. Good luck. Best, Dr H

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to get rid of under eye bags...

Based on these photographs and your apparent young age, I would suggest that you start with getting Restylane or Belotero (hyaluronic acid fillers) placed in the area called the "tear trough". The filler would be placed in the dark circle so that it would be at the same level as the fatty bulge above it to camouflage the problem. This would need to be repeated every 9-12 months or so. Be sure your physician is an experienced "core" injector (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or occuloplastic surgeon). This is because we all have a keen understanding of facial anatomy and the effects of injecting fillers in different regions of the face. I wish you well!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower eye bags

This is a challenging area, especially in young patients.  Some patients have some genetic predisposition toward dark colored, or purple, with swelling under the eyes that have a constant "tired" look.  So first you need a surgeon familiar with this anatomy and take a history and exam to individualize your treatment plan. Otherwise, the lower lid area can be treated by an array of choices from radiofrequency, to lasers, fillers or surgery.  To decide what is best for you a board certified surgeon who is familiar with all of these options is required to educate you on the pros and cons of each treatment.

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Surgery is the only way to get rid of eyelid bags

There is only one answer to your issue. It is surgery. Surgery is named blepheroplasty. You can get it done anytime you decide to do it.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

Fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP can help this area. I suggest you see an expert in facial sculpting.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Need help and advice on how to get rid of these under eye bags

Hello Tajiy,

There are three ways to address your eye bags. They are being caused by fat that is normally found around the eye.  Unfortunately it can push out in some patients, especially if mom or dad had them.  This makes it more noticeable.  You can camouflage them with makeup (least invasive but can be a hassle).  You can hide them with filler below the bag to make them less noticeable. This doesn't get at the root cause but it can be a great option.  The final option is surgery to remove the bags.  This can be done by a small incision in the pink part of the eye without an external scar.  

I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, or plastic surgeon who performs his or her own injections so you can see learn in person about the different options.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tear trough hollow

You have some hollowing in the tear trough.  This creates the dark circle under the orbital fat.  Some HA filler such as Restylane or Belotero will be able to give some volume to the area and decrease the dark appearance.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon