Should I have had the added 25cc to my breast implant?!

I recently had BA I'm only 1 week post so I know there is a lot of swelling still....I was un-decided on size and went with 325cc even though my surgeon suggested 350cc....I wish I had gone with 350cc.....would there be much difference in size to the visible eye had I gone larger?! I keep measuring 25cc in a cup and wishing I had just listened to him but at the time didn't want to be too big!!

The right implant for you

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link.

Implant size

You are still in the early post operative period so it is hard to say but often 25 cc is a very small amount and may not be noticeable. You probably have swelling and it will take time to resolve. It is important to see your board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns in person. Best of luck, MMT

25cc difference in implants

Thank you for your question. A tablespoon is about 15cc. The difference between 325cc and 350cc is about 2 tablespoons. I personally do not think you can tell a difference. For instance, I would not perform a breast implant exchange on a patient unless it was 100cc or more. I just don't think it is worth the time or money for that small of an amount.

Being that you are only 1 week post op, I would give it some time before you rush into another surgery. Mention your concerns to your physician at your next visit so that he is aware.

Good luck!