9 weeks 4 days post op, FUE 2000 grafts, how are things looking? (Photo)

Hello, please could someone tell me how things are looking after my op, some hair has started to sprout as you can see from the pics, am I experancing good growth this early on?, normal growth? or poor growth? Also my skin is still slightly pinkish and it still feels a bit numb in the recipient area, is that normal? Many thanks

9 weeks after hair transplantation

You are still red, but otherwise everything looks good. The grafts will grow at the 5-7th month and the redness should subside in time

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant graft regrowth

At 9 weeks after a hair transplant you cannot make a determination as to the regrowth of the grafts.  At this point in time, the grafts are in a dormant phase.  You will start to see the regrowth of the grafts around 4 to 6 months after the procedure.  The pinkness is normal given what appears to be a very light complexion of your skin tone.  Patients with a light skin tone tend to experience pinkness to the skin after a hair transplant.  This is due to the trauma of the multiple incisions where the grafts are placed.  It is best to follow up with your surgeon for an in- person examination.   

Anthony Bared, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Redness and Numbness

Growth looks fine, there isn't much to expect at this point since some people start growth around month 3 while others don't see anything until month 8 or even 9. I would see a doctor about the redness and numb sensation- feeling numb at this point isn't too unusual but such significant redness is, and while it may just be that you have sensitive skin it could also indicate something more serious.

Sean Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

What to expect at 2-3 months post FUE

You are essentially at 2 months time post hair transplant.      At this point, the transplanted hair starts to grow in as thin and fine hair however within the next few months, the hair becomes longer and thicker.  The pinkish/reddish flush of the scalp will resolve over time.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

It looks like you had a hair transplant surgery a few weeks ago. If you are concerned about the progress it is

It looks like you had a hair transplant surgery a few weeks ago.  If you are concerned about the progress it is best to see your doctor for a check up.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon