I'm 5.7 and weigh 60kg want a 520cc implant.

I had BA last year. I was a 34B. I went for a 360cc implant which too me to a 34D. I'm not happy with size so want to go for a 520/560 this time. My surgeon has said I could look 'porn star' if I go this big - I'm 5.7 and have a 34 back surely this will only make me a double d? And going less that this I won't notice ?

Best breast implant for me (revisionary breast surgery)?

Thank you for the question.  You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "DD cup” or "porn star look" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on   who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.   

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers).  Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select  the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Do you want the porn star look

and are you willing to accept the risks that come with this?  If so, you should be able to get what you want but you are certainly looking at more surgery in the future to correct the ptosis and stretching that will occur down the road.  Some surgeons may refuse to do this for you because they know better so you have to find a surgeon that shares your philosophy of living life to the fullest, and if this will make you life great, even if only for a short period of time, then its really up to you as to what size to have.  But you have to promise you won't sign up for "Botched" once the problems develop...

Curtis Wong, MD

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, sizing implants via online recommendations is not helpful. An implant increase of greater than 150cc should be noticeable.I understand the desire to increase the size of the implant until you get the exact look you want, however it's important to understand that your tissues, and breast measurements, dictate the size of the ideal implant for your body. Increasing the implant size further can cause an unnatural look and can stretch your tissues so that they become thin. The breast can sag more quickly. These are very challenging problems to fix.

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon