400 or 370 or 355? (photos)

After beast feeding im left with saggy boobs .. I would like to go bigger !! is this possible ? What would be the best implant for me please help .. Thank you

Breast lift

Implants without a lift will not be a good Idea for you, you will not be happy with the result at all. with the lift you can go to 400 but I would not recommend bigger. 

Implant options

Thank you for submitting your picture. You are a great candidate for a breast lift and breast augmentation. It is impossible to recommend specific implants without knowing your specifics (i.e. your current breast dimensions) and knowing what your goals are. Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for a thorough evaluation.  Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears that you would benefit most from a breast lift combined with augmentation.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance. A breast augmentation would help restore volume.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

400 or 370 or 355?

Thank you for your photos which display moderate droopiness and very wide areolae.  There is no doubt that you will need a full mastopexy combined with appropriately sized implants to optimize your contour size and shape.  In my practice we use round smooth cohesive gel implants that are selected during the surgery once the tightening effect of the mastopexy can be seen.  In my opinion this allows me to get the optimal outcome for my patients based on their preoperative (realistic) size goals.  Any of the implants that you cited may be appropriate but I would not predetermine an actual implant until I can see the results of that volume during the performance of the surgery through the use of sizer implants.  Discuss options with your plastic surgeon.  You can get additional information from the video above.  Good luck and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

400 or 370 or 355?

Unfortunately no one on this site can give you reliable recommendations on specific implan sizes without a consultation and exam. But it is clear from your photos that you will need to get a lift as well as an augment in order to get the results you will want. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

•  Tweet

Best breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, you should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation/lifting surgery.  You are not the candidate for breast augmentation surgery alone.

Remember, that during breast lifting surgery, some skin is removed, thereby limiting the "space" available for breast implants. On the one hand, breast augmentation surgery is expanding the breast skin “envelope” while breast lifting is (by definition) tightening up the breast skin envelope. These 2 forces are counteracting each other. Therefore, it becomes important to remove the appropriate amount of breast skin and to use the appropriate size/profile of breast implants to balance these 2 forces appropriately and to allow for achievement of the patient's goals while minimizing risks of complications. 

Ultimately, you will do well select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicating your goals, questions, and concerns. In other words, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 

2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

400 or 370 or 355cc breast implants?

Thank you for your question and photo.  It is very important for you to understand that you have mammary ptosis or sagging and that she will need a lift  in addition to breast implants.  If you have implants alone they would have to be placed on top of the muscle and there is risk of "snoopy deformity" and a "grapefruit in a sock" appearance.  To understand why a lift is necessary please read the link below:

Choosing the correct implant size

Thanks for your question.  Choosing the correct implant size is a huge part of your experience with breast augmentation. So much of the process is individualized that it would be nearly impossible for me to give you the kind of information that you would want to use for your decision making over the internet.  Instead, I would encourage you to seek out a practice that has advanced tools to help with the process, things like the VECTRA 3-D imaging system that lets you see about what you will look like with different sizes and styles of implants.  It has absolutely changed the process and the success rate for choosing the best size implant in our practice.

Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon