4 weeks post opp, one sides more swollen is it normal? (Photos)

Hey everyone! I had lipo 3 and half weeks ago. One sides more swollen is that normal

Asymmetric swelling 3 weeks after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Everyone is concerned early after their liposuction.
  • And no one is symmetric -
  • Your greater 'swelling' looks as though it is on the originally larger side.
  • There is nothing to worry about -
  • Give yourself a full 6 months or more to heal -
  • And share your concerns with your surgeon so you can together assess your final result.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post - operative recovery period. Swelling may be asymmetric and will gradually subside over the next three - six months. You may wear a compression garment over the next several months if you feel it helps. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Early Asymmetry after Abs Lipo

Thank you for your question.  At just four weeks you look great congratulations.  Yes it is normal to have some asymmetry after liposuction.  The body does not always heal at the same rate and swelling at just four weeks is very normal.  It can take several months before you see your final result swelling will come and go.  Your asymmetry is very minor and should improve over time.

Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Early Asymmetry after Abs Lipo

Hi salihsworld

You look great! It is normal to have some asymmetries after lipo, as the swelling resolves.  Additionally, you may have underlying muscle asymmetries.  The asymmetry that I see is very minor, and should improve.  Congratulations.

sek

One-Sided Swelling--Add RF treatments (Venus Legacy), Cellutone, hyperbaric oxygen

This can be common. Swelling can last for months after liposuction procedures especially more for a VASER HI DEF procedure. Did they also treat your chest disproportion?  What is most important is that you follow your surgeons post operative instructions and continue compression. I also recommend adding RF treatments externally like Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, and hyperbaric oxygen in order to decrease swelling and improve results.