Will 325cc be big enough?

I'm 5f 5 66kg size 10-12 top BWD of 12pm. Surgeon suggested 325cc implants they looked fantastic. Will I loose 25cc going dual plane or will my natural breast tissue bump this up I'm a 32b or 34a

Sizing concerns

"The right size" is one of the biggest stressors for women about to get breast implants! It's an easy process, but can get muddied by things you read on the internet, things helpful friends say, or experiences they may share. Then it's easy to second-guess decisions you may have already made, or feel good about. To worry over 25cc is an amount which you would probably never notice, as it is less than a couple tablespoons! Implants usually do look a bit smaller once they've been placed in the pocket, whether they are below or above the muscle, so I usually recommend opting for the larger size that you feel most comfortable with.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Is 325 cc large enough?

325 ccs is a good average and yet conservative size for many patients.  It of course depends upon the laxity of your breast tissue and skin and the size of your breasts.  I find that the most accurate way to achieve a patient's goals is to use test implants during the surgery called sizers, to allow the surgeon to see which implant comes closest to meeting your agreed upon goals.  Let him/her see photos of your goal size and shape and then allow him/her to use his/her best judgment and skill.  Forcing you to make the final decision based on fitting into a bra I think shifts the responsibility for the outcome away from the person with whom it belongs.  You'll enjoy the video linked to above.Good luck and enjoy your results.
Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery  Member, Am. Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

You should discuss it with your surgeon for an answer to this question

Only your surgeon has examined you. Only your surgeon knows his style of operation. Only your surgeon can give you the answer that will count for you. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Will 325cc be big enough?

Thank you for your question.  If you tried on the 325cc sizers with your surgeon and feel that your appearance was what you hoped for I would recommend going with this size implant.  Hope this helps.

Will 325cc be Enough

Thanks for your question! Implant size is really just a number, don't get too hung up on it. I really like silicone insert sizing systems that are made to duplicate dual plane implants. I've had great success with these in hundreds of cases per year, and find them more helpful than computer imaging. Ask your plastic surgeon about this option. At 5'7", the difference of 25cc is really not much anyway. Best of luck!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).  Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.  These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon Yes and No.

Best breast implant for me?

Thank you for the question. Online consultants will not be of much specific help to you. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.  Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "C or D cup" or "big enough" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.  I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.