Is 250cc/225cc going to give me a DD? (Photo)

Hi doc, im due a uplift and implant my surgenn has said he doesnt want me to go bigger tham 225/250cc im a 32c at present. Do you agree i will get a DD?

Breast Lift with Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size. It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Is 250cc/225cc going to give me a DD?

Thank you for your question.  It's hard to predict what cup size you'll be since there are many variables including different bra makers.  I prefer to focus on the look that you want and depends largely on the preoperative planning which includes trying on different implant sizers and looking in the mirror to see what you like.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast size with 250cc implants

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your question and photos. You seem like and ideal candidate for both procedures. It certainly seems reasonable to do an augmenationa/mastopexy. However, size is never a guarantee. it depends on how much tissue is removed from you lift. All bra manufacturers size differently thus in some you may be a DDD and others just a C cup. Most surgeons can guarantee you that amount or size of the implant. In order to be sure, doing the operation separately would give you a better chance of knowing what implant would produce your desired outcome of DD. I think it is a plan that I would recommend but maybe increase the size a bit to make sure that your breast are your desired size. Good Luck.

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

Breast Size

As you know, one implant size can look very different from patient to patient. And even with an exam we never promise a specific bra cup size after augmentation, that is not possible. Each bra manufacturer has a little different idea of what a D cup is for example. We can only create a "look". Show your surgeon photos of the look you want based on patients with your basic anatomy and he should be able to determine what implant size will give you that look. Many surgeons are worried that placing a large implant at the time of a lift will reduce blood flow to the nipple causing it to die and fall off.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Looks like a good size

Thanks for your question and the photo. Without an exam and measurements it is hard to accurately comment. Limiting the size of the implant is important at times so as not to compromise the position of the lift. You appear to have plenty of breast tissue and so the implant volume you have described should give you at least and extra cup size. That said, cup size is very subjective and what really matters is the size and shape that you are trying to achieve (not what the bra says). Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Lift and implants

Looking at your photos, 250cc will likely get you in the full D range.  I would be very reluctant to go bigger than that as well if done with simultaneous lift.  If you want to press on the size of the implants, then I would consider staging the process, doing the lift first and the implants at a second operation.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

BA sizes

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well.

The thing about size is...
Did You Know? Implant size (measured by cubic centimeters, or “cc”) only matters as far as it will help you get the look you want. In these photos, can you guess who has the larger sized implants?

What limits how big you should go?

1. Your current breast size. This matters because you’ve got to have enough existing breast tissue to cover the implant. If you haven’t got a lot to spare, some implants may just be too big to fit.
2. Your chest and shoulder width. Fortunately, implants come in different base widths so you can get a size that works well with your frame.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD