I'm 24 and I've recently find out that I have lipoedema. What kind of liposuction would be best for me?
Doctor Answers 6
Liposuction for lipidema
- I am sorry you have lipidema -
- First be sure your regular doctor has made sure there is no underlying cause.
- Standard liposuction will help lipidema -
- But there are limits to what liposuction can achieve -
- I suggest you have an in-person consultation with a surgeon near you.
- The ;post-operative follow-up is important so a surgeon close to home will be best.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Lipedema Treatment and Liposuction
Liposuction - Will it help?
You might also like...
Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Diplomate, American Bd. of Plastic Surgery
ABC TV/Extreme Makeover plastic surgeon
Beverly Hills, Ca.
Choosing the type of liposuction
It doesn't really matter which brand of equipment is used.
Who does the procedure makes all the difference in the world.
Patients with lipedema need to have realistic expectations of what can be delivered with liposuction.
Obtaining results that resemble attractive healthy legs without lipedema may not be a possible.
Consult with one or more board-certified plastic surgeon's.
Mats Hagstrom M.D.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.