I'm 24 and I've recently find out that I have lipoedema. What kind of liposuction would be best for me?

I'd love to be able to wear shorts or even a tshirt with short sleeves like other girls my age but I can't ! My legs and my arms are abnormally big while my waist is only 23inches. What type of liposuction would help me make my legs and arms look normal? Help !

Liposuction for lipidema

Thank you for asking about your lipidema.

• I am sorry you have lipidema -
  • First be sure your regular doctor has made sure there is no underlying cause.
  • Standard liposuction will help lipidema -
  • But there are limits to what liposuction can achieve -
  • I suggest you have an in-person consultation with a surgeon near you.
  • The ;post-operative follow-up is important so a surgeon close to home will be best.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Lipedema Treatment and Liposuction

There are very few doctors in the united states that specialize in lipedema treatment.  I suggest you see an expert for an evaluation.  This is a large part of my practice.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction - Will it help?

Thank you for your question. Without photos it is difficult to provide accurate recommendations. Please see a Board Certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring surgery to see what is best for your particular situation. You should refer to the ASPS website to locate a properly trained surgeon in your area.

It's difficult to answer you without examining you in person.  Seek consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon experienced with liposuciton to discuss your options.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Diplomate, American Bd. of Plastic Surgery
ABC TV/Extreme Makeover plastic surgeon
Beverly Hills, Ca.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction can help but you need to have realistic expectations.  You will experience swelling after liposuction and need to remember this is not a weight loss procedure.  

John Burns, MD

Choosing the type of liposuction

The best type of liposuction is well performed liposuction.

It doesn't really matter which brand of equipment is used.

Who does the procedure makes all the difference in the world.

Patients with lipedema need to have realistic expectations of what can be delivered with liposuction.

Obtaining results that resemble attractive healthy legs without lipedema may not be a possible.

Consult with one or more board-certified plastic surgeon's.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD