2 weeks after my mini tuck and liposculpting, I still can't stand up straight.

It has been 2 weeks since having my mini tuck (made abit longer to take out my hip scar) and Liposculpting and I'm so so happy with the results the surgon took out 3500cc of fat and 200g of my belly. I still can't stand up straight, I'm very much bending right over and it's hurting my back I can walk for like 2/3mins Then I have to sit down. Also when can start laying on my back? As it's getting to much sleeping on my back with pillows behind me and under my legs?

Standing up post Mini Tummy Tuck and Lipo

Thank you for your question and congratulations on completing your surgery.  Usually, with a mini-tummy tuck the abdomen is not that tight so I would just give it a little more time.  Start by stretching slowly and eventually you should be able to stand straight up.  If you are concerned, you can always follow up with your surgeon just to make sure you are healing as you should be.  I hope this helps. 

Standing straight up after a tummy tuck

Most patients can stand straight up by about two weeks. I often find that sometimes there is an element of fear that the muscle or skin sutures may break. I am not suggesting that this is your problem, but you should definitely check in with your plastic surgeon to make sure everything is okay and develop a strategy for getting you back walking straight up.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Standing up straight after tummy tuck.

Usually by two weeks out, you should be able to walk relatively normally. You should discuss these concerns with your surgeon, as he/she is the one who performed the surgery, knows what was performed, knows your tissues, etc. Call your surgeon---I'm certain they'll be happy to advise you.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Standing Up Straight

It's actually pretty unusual that somebody isn't able to stand up straight after 7-10 days after a tummy tuck, and still be as bent over as you are.  I recommend you continue to talk with your plastic surgeon, as they will be able to provide guidance for you.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon