2 vials Juvederms vo lift no difference?

Hello, I had 1 injection of juvederm volift a week ago and a week later had 1 more.. However after the first injection i noticed a mild improvement but not enough, hence i decided to get another one to improve the results, however after the second injection (today) i am suprised to see no improvement at all! Why would this be? If i saw volume after the first injection then why none after the second? There should have been some? Confused & Dissappointed!

2 syringes of juvederm and no results

most people need multiple syringes of filler for optimal correction.  i suggest a formal consult it may be that a non HA filler like radiesse or sculptra or bellafill are better for you long term. 

Juvederm Volift results with 2 syringes

Hi Natasha, 
The most important part of your treatment, after the actual experience + technique of the injector, is the follow-up appointment during which you should view the before treatment photos and the after treatment photos. Because results are usually very natural-looking, some patients do not realize the change until they view the photos. As I do not have any way of judging how many syringes you would have needed to achieve the desired result, I can not comment as to whether you were under treated. I will say, however, that generally 2 Volift syringes would give a good-to-great outcome.  Visit your physician if you have not already! Hope this helps.

Manish Khanna, MD, FRCP(C)
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma - results

Keep in mind that the AVERAGE patient in the large study submitted to the FDA for approval used considerably more than 2 syringes, although some used less.  There is also frquently an incremental lessening in the benefit derived from almost any staged cosmetic procedure, i.e. second and subsequent treatments may give less improvement

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Voluma with no significant change

I'm sorry that you are disappointed.  Although it seems like a lot of filler, realize that FIVE syringes of filler is equivalent only to one teaspoon!!  It may simply be that you need more.  Perhaps your injector will work with you to achieve a result that you area happy with.

Best regards,

Dr Harkaway

Karen S. Harkaway, MD
Moorestown Dermatologic Surgeon