1ml Voluma in nose to reshape and Botox on tip to lift the nose, is that too much? (photos)

My doctor recommends 1ml voluma in nose reshaping and correction and botox on the tip to lift the nose is that okay in your views i was thinking 1ml is too much on nose

Voluma

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. An in-person examination will provide you with the most accurate results.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma in nose

this is an off label use and we do not use Voluma for this purpose in our practice. 

I recommend you to discuss specific issues regarding your questions with your dermatologist. 

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma amounts

Without seeing you in person, it is impossible to comment on the right amount for you. 1cc of Voluma may be too much, but your surgeon is really going to know best. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Botox can help

Botox to the depressor can help the tip. Well worth a try and only takes a small amount. 

Voluma, 1 cc could be too much, but your doctor will need to evaluate the results during the procedure to see if less is fine.

Filler injection to the nose

1 mL of Voluma seems like more then necessary for just treating the nose but it is hard to comment without knowing exactly what it is you are looking for and what your physician is thinking. He/she will probably have a descent amount Voluma left over after the nasal correction which could be used on other parts of your face as needed. Botox injection into the depressor septi nasi muscle can help elevate the tip of the nose. The result is subtle but appreciable. Not much Botox is required for this injection.

Non surgical nose job

I is really up to the injector as to what is appropriate volume. I would make sure the doctor has a lot of experience doing this. This is not for the weekend certification course docs. There are risks of vascular injury and even blindness with this procedure. Voluma is difficult to dissolve in some cases as well. I have not been impressed with the use of Botox in the nose for lifting the tip. It is an over rated use of Botox. Results are none or minimal. I think you'd be much happier with a surgical correction of you nose.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Voluma Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

Hi, and thanks for your question. From the photos, you seem to be a good candidate for the Non Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure, but I would caution you not to expect perfect results. I think that, even in the most experienced hands, you may still have a bit of a curve to your nose. Botox is a good idea. When injected into the area below the tip it will lift your tip. The effect only lasts for 3 months, but it is worth it, considering you only need 3 to 4 units. A syringe of Voluma is alot of product for Non Surgical Rhinoplasty. If your doc is thinking that he is going to use the whole syringe in your nose, I would be concerned. I would recommend speaking to him or her to make sure that only enough is used to straighten your nose and the rest can be injected elsewhere. Hope that helps.

1mL Voluma in nose to reshape and Botox to lift. Is that too much?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. Without knowing the exact change in appearance you are trying to achieve it is difficult to offer definite advice.  In general Botox will not have any effect on the tip of the nose as there is only one muscle at the base of the nose that can prevent lowering of the tip while smiling or talking.  Additionally 1cc of Voluma is a rather large amount in the nose.  I would recommend seeking second opinions to see if a another surgeon has similar recommendations.  Best wishes.