I'm only 19 but am considering a facelift. Any other suggestions? For many years I've felt uncomfortable in my own skin (Photo)

Too much puffiness on my face, skin sags below chin.Dislike to this had me experimenting with facial massages/exercises/masks-attempts to slim uneven, too big lower face. Never smoke.I stay healthy and fit.None of this improves my face.Adopted habit of sucking my cheeks in-was uncomfortable&cut inside of mouth.Self conscious&prevents healthy relationships.In photographs you can see my natural face&me pulling slightly upwards - massive improvement- feels tighter¬ puffy.Shall I get a face lift?

Facelift not needed

You did not need a facelift.  It seems like you are unhappy with the way your face is designed, so to speak.  A facelift is not really able to change that about you without causing some sort of deforming result.  Try to figure out a way to be happy with your look as you inherited it.

Facelift at 19

You could definitely benefit from a facelift. By that I mean LIFT YOUR FACE. Look up. Check out celebrity selfies. They are all looking up. Try more photos from a different angle. If that doesn't give you the look you want, try looking up in different light.  Them try smiling!  You are a lovely young woman and decades away from considering a facelift. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your questions and photos.  You definitely do not need a facelift but rather would benefit most from a chin augmentation and fat removal from the neck to give you the best result.  Please be sure to see a surgeon that is board certified in plastic surgery and is an expert in these procedures.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Clase II Dentofacial - Retrognatia : Orthognatic Surgery

Dear Patient Rwill,

Thanks for submitting some picture to evaluate you, it is important to let you know that physical evaluation is more sophisticated and we doctors can evaluate better.

First of all you are a nice woman with attractiveness, and if I try to evaluate your photos I can see a Dentofacial Clase II or with retrognatia, this could make us see some fat deposit under your chin, which one could think that it is better to make a liposuction. But if you have a real dentofacial clase II one should consider other surgery like Orthognatic surgery,but if your dental occlusion is good and you have a retrognatia you need an mentoplasty of advancement and you will solve the fat under your chin. I recommend to visit a board certified surgeon Facial plastic surgery and Maxillo-Facial so he can check you physically to see if you have dentofacial anomalies where not well explored by doctors could let you choose another type of surgery without resolving the base problem.

Best Regards,

Dr. Nabil Fakih

Nabil Fakih, MD
Lebanon Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 19 ?

Firstly, you re a beautiful 19 yo woman. Everything you see is perfectly  normal and expected at your age. You are doing all the right things .  The most important issues for you are to continue avoidance of  sun, tobacco, and maintain a healthy weight.  Remember to exfoliate and moisturize, eat healthy and understand that the aging process is a natural event.

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Better options for you other than facelift.

Dear rwil:

Thanks for sharing your photos! You have great facial balance and wonderful features.

The concerns you note will improve with a excellent facial skincare regimen. This will provide exfoliation to reduce blemishes, stimulation of skin turnover with tightening, reduction in pigmentation.

Other considerations may be a micro-liposuction under the chin; filler or fat graft to the upper cheek and a touch of Botox along the outer brow. This combo will give you the glow you are looking for. You need NO facelift surgery. 

Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to consider these option and review your concerns with him or her. 

These are tough times for self-esteem... consider yourself beautiful. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Thanks for your question and photos. I don't think you need a facelift at this age, but you may be a good candidate for cosmetic fillers. Please find a board certified plastic surgeon and/or certified nurse practitioner.

Good luck!
Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

No facelift is needed in your case

You do not need facelift.  There are other options to enhance your profile.  They can not be explained in question answer format of internet.  Serious considerations require face to face discussions.  Seek a consultation when you are ready 

Vasdev Rai, MD

No need for facelift

Dear rwil,

You are way too young to  consider facelift and frankly it is not necessary at all. Based on the pictures, a lot of what you are looking to achieve can be done with neck liposuction that is far less invasive and less costly.

Peyman Solieman, MD

A 19-year-old is not need a facelift.

In the photographs you look young and attractive and are in no way a candidate for facelift. Enjoy your youth while you can.