18 days post op, one boob lower. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hi dear doctors, I am more than 2 weeks post op. I noticed that one of my boobs dropped more than the other, actually I am not sure is that a normal drop. Do they move downwards? Or they stay in the same level from where they have been put in? My finger is in the level of the one that is lower. The bra I was wearing after surgery and My bra feels more comfortable especially in that incision area. I am worried will my boobs drop more than that should because of it.

One Boob Lower

Thanks for your question! This is a very common concern after breast implant surgery. And yes, it's very common for one breast to fall a little faster than the other. I always joke with my patients that boobs are like your kids, one always behaves better than the other! I think you have a very nice early result, but always follow up with your plastic surgeon. Best of luck to you!

Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Early post op, some advices :

Thanks for the question. Its early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Implant Positioning

Thank you for your question. It is very common after breast surgery for your implants to drop at different rates. I tell my patients they are "sisters not twins." It can take up to 3 or 4 months for the implants to drop into place. Be patient. At 2 weeks post-op you are still early on in your recovery and healing process. If you still have concerns, I would recommend scheduling a follow up with your Plastic Surgeon to discuss in person.  

Early postop period

Thanks for your question and the photos. It is still early in the process so the dropping of the implants may be not be the same. You appear to have a fairly large implant and so minor asymmetries that are present preop become more noticeable afterward. If you look at your initial pics before the implants you may find that one crease was lower than the other. Regardless, it is still too early to worry. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Breast Implant Position

Thank you for your question! There are multiple factors behind the position of an implant post operatively. It depends upon the type of implant used and the pocket the implant was placed it. It is completely normal for implants to drop (especially smooth implants) post operatively. It is also seen where implants drop unevenly. In the times when one implant is higher I often use a bandeau or chest strap with a towel placed over the higher implant to help it even out. It is important to know, however, that you may have had a natural breast asymmetry preoperatively before and you are noticing it now. Regardless, you should speak with your doctor if you have any concerns.

Richard L. Zeff, MD
Portsmouth Plastic Surgeon

One implant lower

It is not uncommon for there to be minor asymmetries in the breasts early after augmentation surgery.  The implants typically sit a little high, and may tend to "drop" or settle at slightly different rates.  It is still very early , and things are going to continue to change.  Share your concerns with your surgeon and follow instructions.  Things should turn out just fine. 

Implants dropping after BA

Thank you for your question. You are in early phase of healing and your breasts will continue to change. It is normal for implants to drop in different rates after surgery. Your pre op pictures will help for comparison. Please express your concerns with your PS and follow instructions from your PS

Implants falling is asymmetrical

Thanks for your inquiry and it is common for implants to fall at different rates. Please discuss with your surgeon about your concern, good luck.  

Breasts "Dropping" after Breast Augmentation

This is one of the questions we hear most often after breast augmentation.  The fear that they are not behaving exactly the same causes great worry for many patients.  Understandably so.  The first thing to remember is that both breasts will move at their own rate and speed.  One will almost always outpace the other but the good news is, the other one almost always catches up!  Since your surgery was just so recent, there is a lot of time for everything to settle down but this can take up to three months or more.  Keep in close contact with your plastic surgeon who will be monitoring you for any signs of trouble but accept that both breasts will move and shift at their own rate and speed  but they both get to the finish line in the end.  Best of luck and I hope this helped.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

18 days post op, one boob lower. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question. It appears as though you are healing well. Breast implants will settle at varying rates. Allow 3 months for your implants to settle. If you have concerns in the mean time, contact your surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD