10 days post op upper eyelid surgery I wore grey eyeshadow over scar to try to conceal it. (photos)

My scar line is now grey.. Will this be permanent? What should I do? I have tried eye make up remover, but it seems to be in the scar line.

Bleph scar

These scars usually heal very well. You are early in the healing phase so it should be a little discolored.  Don't use makeup as it can get embedded in the wound and will look dark for a long time. 

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

This is unlikely to be permanent.

However, this is precisely why it is best to put off the application make up for a couple of weeks after eyelid surgery.  Also, makeup is not sterile.  If the makeup gets embedded in the would, you can image any bacteria in the makeup can also be embedded into the wound.

Scar after Blepharoplasty

Thank you for sharing your case and photos.  I usually advise patients to wear a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses outdoors after surgery to prevent hyperpigmentation (darkening) of their incisions.  With time, the grey area will fade.  Otherwise, your healing is typical after Blepharoplasty.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon