1 month post op progress. (photos)

It has been 1 month since my operation in turkey. I am 26 years old. It seems that pretty much all of the transplanted hairs have fallen out, is this normal?

Loss of transplanted hairs after 1 month

Yes, this is completely normal. Remember, all you have lost are the hair shafts: the follicles themselves are beneath the surface, out of sight, and in another two or three months should begin to grow new hairs. You should see about 50% of your growth at six months, and it will take anywhere from 10-15 months to see your final result.

Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

1 Month post op

Transplanted hairs start to visibly regrow between months 4-6. At month 6-9, a patient may expect to see growth for  80% of the transplants. Again, due to the random cycle of hair growth, not all grafts will start growing at the same time. Initially, the hair my be thinner and finer. It will gain length and density as it matures. Regarding shedding of the new transplanted hairs it is normal and it is a part of the hair transplant procedure . No need to worry .Full growth from the transplants is usually achieved at 12 months. All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

It is normal to lose transplanted hairs weeks after surgery. It may take 6 to 12 months to see new hairs grow out.

It is normal to lose transplanted hairs weeks after surgery.  It may take 6 to 12 months to see new hairs grow out.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

1 months

At one month, things look ok. The crusts are all off and now you must wait out the growth until about 5-6 months when it should start

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

The pattern of implants is interesting

What you are seeing could be normal but its always a good idea to go in for a follow up in person.  Transplants do not always work and you want the odds in your favor.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist