Best size implant for my body?

I am 5"7 135 pds currently around a 34B Wondering how many cc's I can go that will look good on my body

Best size implant

Breast augmentation, like any aesthetic plastic surgery, is surgery that is individualized to the specific needs, goals, and desires of the individual.  There is no preset operation that works for everyone.  The questions that you have about the kind of implant, size of the implant, and how it is placed into the body really depends on many factors.  Some of these are the size of your breasts, size of your chest, your body frame, your specific lifestyle, and also your specific concerns.  My advice to you is to have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area, so you can address these specific questions. 

As part of the consultation, be sure to share your specific goals and concerns about the operation and be candid about your desired outcome.  Also, if you would like to have a second opinion, then get a second opinion.  I think this can just give you additional information and helps to clarify what you want for yourself.  It might also help you determine which surgeon you have a good rapport with and with whom you feel comfortable doing your operation.  I hope this helps. 

Size

Thank you for your question and the best way to come to a decision about implant size is to go on some consults, be measured and try on implants in a bra till you see the volume on your chest you desire.  The surgeon will then be able to pick the right sized implant for you.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Best size breast implant for my body?

Thank you for your question. Breast implant size is based on your breast base width which will be determined during your consultation and exam with a board certified plastic surgeon. For more information on sizing please read the link below:

Best size implant for my body?

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Implant size

I think that you have to be seen in person to determine what would be best for your body habitus.  Best of luck.

Best size breast implant for my body

Without knowing what your cosmetic goals are, it is impossible to recommend a specific size or profile implant for you.  In addition the shape of your chest and breasts would also affect the choice.  You need an in office consultation with a plastic surgeon and a complete exam to get the best recommendation.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Best size implant for my body?

Thank you for the question. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Best size implant for my body?

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. I would recommend you voice your concerns with your surgeon, they are in the best position to ensure that the implants the two of your decide upon are the right ones to meet your expectations. Best wishes!

Implant size

Choosing the right size, shape and placement of implant depends on any number of factors all of which require an in person exam. My best advise would be for you to schedule an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss your options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Choosing implants

Thank you for the question and photos. The choosing of implants is a very crucial and is one that should be done through an in-person exam. Various aspects could affect the choice of implants like breast tissue, body measurements, desired end result and the like. Bra sizes also differ from one manufacturer to another so a carefully selected implant can be able to get you very close to that size. It is always best to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full evaluation for your concern. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS