If I've already had a rhinoplasty but he didn't fix my bulbous tip, can I get a surgery that just focuses on the tip? (Photo)

So I just got my nose done three months ago and I'm really unimpressed the only thing that is different is the slight dorsal hump I had is gone. I asked the doctor to focus on the tip as well and he said he would but failed to do so. No one can tell any difference in my nose, and I've spoken to three other girls who have had their nose done by him and they all have agreed that he barely made any changes to theirs. I dont want to fork out another $7,500 is there something I could do to get a smaller tip?

Revision rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip

Since it is has only been  three months, it's best to follow up with your original surgeon for cortisone shots and taping. It's best not to perform any further tip surgery for at least one year after the primary rhinoplasty.

Revision tip rhinoplasty

Three months isn't long enough to see your final result- it may take up to a year. A revision rhinoplasty or tip rhinoplasty is then possible and would have a good chance to help you achieve your goals.

Wayne F. Larrabee, MD

Tip Still Bulbous 3 Months after Rhinoplasty

At 3 months it is impossible to evaluate your tip because you still have significant swelling especially in the tip where this swelling will last the longest. Yes, you could ultimately have a limited procedure to just improve the tip if desired.

Rhinoplasty at 3 months

At 3 months out, your nose is likely still swollen, best to give it time to heal and for the swelling to subside.  This can take another 9 months or so.

Timing of revision Rhinoplasty

Carmilla

Thanks you for your question

Three months is much too early to even consider a revision . The tip takes time for the swelling to go down especially if you have thicker skin ( which I can not be certain of without an exam ) Your tip is still healing and will change . If after one year , you still feel the same way then a tipplasty could be considered . Of course, discuss this with your surgeon. I'm sure he would want to work with you and discuss the options . If after this discussion and you elect to see someone else  it is still important to wait .

Thanks and all the best

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon