Do I have pigeons chest? Is it possible that I have a bone deformity, causing my tail bone and chest to protrude? (photos)

I think I have a pectus defect, known as pigeons chest. I am hoping that someone can help me figure out why my chest protrudes this way. I also have a tailbone that protudes outward, deficient upper jaw and midface. Could those be all together?These conditions, especially my chest have made me very very sad and self conscious. People have said very mean things to me. I was hoping to get advice on here about wearing a brace? Breast implants as well, when I save up money.

Bone Prominence

Thank you for your question and photos. I'm sorry that you are feeling badly about your appearance. Nobody has a right to make you feel bad about yourself and their judgements are likely quite incorrect. Best to seek the guidance of qualified professionals where health/medical concerns are involved.An in-person exam is always the most useful but based on these photos, it doesn't appear that you have a chest bone deformity. What you have is extremely minimal body fat and muscle making the normal contours of your bones more visible. Have you considered visiting with your primary care physician to talk about overall health/nutrition? I'm not sure if you might be noting other bone features as well because there is not a sufficient amount of tissue covering them. Facial features can change quite a lot when fat and muscle are lacking. I recommend that you get a full, physical assessment with a doctor whom you are comfortable with and talk about your concerns.
All the best

Chest issue?

Based upon the photos, and trying guess how it looks without your shirt on, it looks like the chest is normal in the photos with the blouse on.

Your chest wall is normal

I am sorry that people make comments about your body and make you feel sad. Your chest wall is normal but because of lack of fatty tissue to cover the rib cage, you see the ribs. The use of breast implants will not help this and one solution would be to do fat grafting if you have some fat around the wait and abdomen. I combine fat grafting with implants for patients that desire more natural look.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Body shape and breast implants?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation and possible pectus defect.
  • I am so sorry you have been treated poorly by such mean people -
  • You deserve better and whoever they are, what they say shows who they are - NOT who you are.
  • At least in the photos, you appear to be entirely normal but very slim - so that your bones are visible.
  • (You will see similar shapes in world-famous professional ballerinas.)
  • But the first thing to do is to have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon who does pediatric as well as adult orthopedics to examine you - to be sure there isn't a condition that doesn't show in the photos.
  • Then save for a breast augmentation - not too large - to give you a little breast fullness.
  • And if you want - gain about 5 pounds to soften your look. (Many slim women do not want to do this.)
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Do I have pigeons chest? Is it possible that I have a bone deformity, causing my tail bone and chest to protrude?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your constellation of symptoms have caused you to be self-conscious and the target of other people's hurtful words.  Based on the supplied pictures alone it does not appear that you have a pigeon chest deformity. You are quite thin and have prominent ribs but not a classic pigeon chest. An in-person examination would provide more definite diagnosing.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon, they are in the best position to help.

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation .It also depends on where the blood clot was. You should check with the surgeon of your choice.