Do I have pigeons chest? Is it possible that I have a bone deformity, causing my tail bone and chest to protrude? (photos)
Doctor Answers 6
Thank you for your question and photos. I'm sorry that you are feeling badly about your appearance. Nobody has a right to make you feel bad about yourself and their judgements are likely quite incorrect. Best to seek the guidance of qualified professionals where health/medical concerns are involved.An in-person exam is always the most useful but based on these photos, it doesn't appear that you have a chest bone deformity. What you have is extremely minimal body fat and muscle making the normal contours of your bones more visible. Have you considered visiting with your primary care physician to talk about overall health/nutrition? I'm not sure if you might be noting other bone features as well because there is not a sufficient amount of tissue covering them. Facial features can change quite a lot when fat and muscle are lacking. I recommend that you get a full, physical assessment with a doctor whom you are comfortable with and talk about your concerns.
All the best
Your chest wall is normal
You might also like...
Body shape and breast implants?
- I am so sorry you have been treated poorly by such mean people -
- You deserve better and whoever they are, what they say shows who they are - NOT who you are.
- At least in the photos, you appear to be entirely normal but very slim - so that your bones are visible.
- (You will see similar shapes in world-famous professional ballerinas.)
- But the first thing to do is to have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon who does pediatric as well as adult orthopedics to examine you - to be sure there isn't a condition that doesn't show in the photos.
- Then save for a breast augmentation - not too large - to give you a little breast fullness.
- And if you want - gain about 5 pounds to soften your look. (Many slim women do not want to do this.)
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Do I have pigeons chest? Is it possible that I have a bone deformity, causing my tail bone and chest to protrude?
Find the right surgeon
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a Breast Augmentation .It also depends on where the blood clot was. You should check with the surgeon of your choice.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.