Thigh Lift Groin Incision? (photo)

I had thigh lift groin incision. I feel my thighs are still too thiick in the upper part. Should I have aggressive lipo and then revision to fix this problem if I dont want to have a vertical scar?

Revision Thigh Lift after Thigh Liposuction

You could consider liposuction and thigh lift revision.  If you are going to take that route, find the board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Thigh Lift Revision Surgery

It's not unusual for massive weight loss patients who require thigh lift surgery to be apprehensive about the vertical incision that's commonly used with this procedure. In your case, you've elected to have a thigh lift through a transverse groin incision to avoid this vertical incision. This transverse incision is able to tighten skin in the vertical dimension, but has no impact upon skin in the transverse dimension.

Unfortunately, excess thigh skin is a multi-dimensional problem and this approach doesn't address excess skin in both directions. This excess skin is clearly demonstrated in your post-operative pictures.

Liposuction by itself wouldn't correct this problem and would ultimately result in additional skin sag. Under these circumstances, removal of residual excess skin in the transverse dimension will be necessary to provide an aesthetically attractive thigh contour. This will require conversion of your current thigh incision with an extension along the inner aspect of the thigh towards the knee.

It's important to remember that cosmetic surgery often involves trade-offs. In this case, the trade-off is between improved thigh contour and additional scarring. If you're considering this trade-off, it's important to discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to help you with this difficult decision.

Thigh lift

Sorry but the photo is not very clear. You may very well need debulking with liposuction but that will make the skin looser and may predispose you to need a longer incision medial thigh lift.