Odd looking breast implants; what is going on? (Photos)

My before breasts were not identical I know , 6 months later they are still very much different , and look even worse while lying down, what is going on with these? Thank you

Odd implants

Hello, as you have mentioned, it appears that your breasts had a different shape before surgery and there is still a minor difference afterward.  It is not uncommon to still have some residual asymmetry after the surgery. However, if you are wondering if even further minor corrections are possible, this could be discussed with your surgeon.

Implants

All implants slide a bit to the side after surgery. Standing up they look very nice.  Surgery to tighten the pocket laterally can be performed but still may recur.

Odd looking breast implants

From your photo lying down it appears your implants fall into your axilla. This could be the result if the lateral pocket extends past the anterior axillary line. To correct this you would need to have that lateral portion of the pocket closed off. From the standing position
I think they look fine. You had fair amount of asymmetry to start with. It is hard to get them identical. 

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Migrated implants

From the photographs, in my opinion  the right breast has migrated outward. This is not uncommon with any breast implant subjected to gravity.  A permanent solution would be to do a touch up procedure with a lateral capsulorraphy reinforced with Strattice.  Follow up with your chosen plastic surgeon is recommended. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS