Is my nipple graft failing? (Photo)

Hello. I had a double incision mastectomy with nipple grafts. I've been putting polysporin and gauze on my nipples, when I went to take the gauze off one nipple it looked like gunk/skin was coming with the gauze and I could see fleshy pink colour underneith the gunk on my nipple. I'm really afraid the one nipple is failing. The first picture is the nipple I'm worried about, the second is the other side that I think is doing pretty great.

Nipple darkening after graft

I'm concerned that there may be loss on both sides- of course, sometimes the tissue darkens and a scab can form, and when it falls off, it can heal normally underneath. Ask you surgeon how they want you to care for the area. 

Nipple darkening after graft

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}