How long do you have to wait to get your boobs done again?

If you wanted to make them bigger, how long would you have to wait to get another set of implants

I recommend waiting at least 6 months after surgery before any revision or change in implants.  Your body needs time to heal and your tissue to settle.  You may find after 6 months, you like your result better.  Best wishes. 

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Presuming that you heal without issue, a revision can be performed at least 3-6 months after surgery.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Changing breast implant size

Thank you for your question. I would recommend a minimum of 6 months before undergoing surgery to change the size of your implants. You need to give your body adequate time to heal from your initial surgery. Best, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

When should you consider up-sizing your implants?

Generally speaking 3-6 months is an acceptable waiting period to consider upsizing your implants. If you started out small breasted and are looking for a large size increase a year might be a better time interval in order to allow your tissues to stretch and accommodate the implants.Best of luck, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you wait 6-8 months between surgeries for you implants to settle and your body to recover and heal. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

How long to wait for placement of larger implants after breast augmentation?

With the limited information provided I can only answer your question in general terms.  For someone who initially had sufficient loose skin to go larger I think a six month waiting period after the initial surgery is sufficient.  For someone for example who is a tight small A cup and wishes to be augmented to a much larger size than was achievable at the initial surgery, waiting 12 to 18 months provides relaxation of the skin and a much better (and bigger) final outcome.
I hope this is useful information for you.  Best wishes.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Implants and going larger

You didn't give much information, so assuming you just had them done, I would say about 4-6 months to allow for the tissues to stretch and soften.  Best of luck.

Replace breasts implants

Dear Marian,    Front and side view pictures would have been helpful.  I recommend to my patients to wait  3-6 months before contemplating any revision of breasts augmentation surgery, in order to let the implants settle down and the swelling go down. Than you can assess your real breasts cup size and decide about your desired breasts size.  Depend on the amount of implants size increase, the exchange can be done under local anesthesia if there is enough room for the implants. Otherwise, capsulotomy (scar release) will be necessary under general anesthesia,  to allow for natural feel and look of the breasts.                 All the best,                                         Dr Widder     

Wait a minimum of 4-6 months after original surgery before redo. Allow the full edema and swelling to resolve before going larger 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS