I am wanting a facelift, neck left and possibly an eyelid lift? (Photos)

I'm hoping you can take away the scars of my life, it has been 10 years. I want to look in the mirror and see a vibrant , beautiful lady, ready for my next chapter.

Facelifting #woundhealing #cosmeticsurgery #beauty

Dear SusanMd

Thank you for your questions and photos! The facelift will give you tremendous results.  It is a great procedure to take 10 to 15 years off in terms of a more youthful appearance.  It is not a "therapeutic " in terms of life events.  People say " I want to look the way I feel- I feel great but look old or tired"  That is what a facelift can help with.

With Warm Regards
Trevor M Born MD

You are a beautiful candidate for facial rejuvenation surgery.  A well done procedure by an experience facelift surgeon (it takes hundreds of facelifts for a surgeon to really understand the nuances of the procedure) should give a wonderful result.  Simple fiat grafting in your cheek areas will also be absolutely essential for the best result.

R. Scott Yarish, MD

A facelift corrects the cheeks, lower face and neck and a blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) can correct the central face from the effects of aging. It can create an image that appears to be more vibrant and younger and make you feel better about yourself. However, it cannot remove scars from previous life. If you want to erase psychologic scars, you will need to do it some other way than by surgery.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

I am wanting a facelift, neck left and possibly an eyelid lift?

Based on your photos but without an examination, you appear to be a good candidate for a face/neck lift and blepharoplasty. It is difficult to tell whether in fact you are a good candidate for those procedures without a physical examination and complete medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation,  and having realistic expectations.

If a member of my family underwent these procedures, they would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery or the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS) . If you are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation

Thank you for sharing your question. Based on your photos, you would be an excellent candidate for a lower face and neck lift. Although it is difficult to say based on these photos alone, upper eyelid surgery is certainly a reasonable option to reduce the hooding you are noticing. In addition to surgical measures, you may also benefit aesthetically from tear trough filler to restore lost volume under the eyes. I recommend consulting with a board certified specialist who will be able to discuss the risks, benefits and side effects of a lower face and neck lift and also discuss dermal fillers. Best of luck.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

I want a facelift to change my life

You appear to be a good candidate for a facelift volume replacement and possibly eyelid surgery.  

Your pictures reflect a generalized descent of the facial structures and volume loss in the central face.  These issues occur with time to all of us.

A cheek, jowl, facelift will improve the squaring you are seeing in the lower 1/3 of your face.  Adding volume to the corners of your mouth and midface will improve your central face.  An upper eyelid blepharoplasty will improve your upper face.  

You may choose office based procedures, such as Botox and filler to maintain your new appearance.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

The procedures that you have outlined would certainly benefit you. Facelift technique results in a younger and natural, but not “done," look. 

Can expect an 8-12 year improvement

Having preformed facelift surgery for almost 25 years, I typically tell patients they can expect an 8-12 year improvement in the neck and jaw line. I have now been doing facelift surgery long enough that I see patients back for revision surgery and that typically occurs between 10-15 years. Most of these patients still look better than their pre-operative photographs but they do continue to age. So as far as how long a facelift lasts, again I'd say about 10-15 years. However if someone has an identical twin, they will still always look younger than their identical twin so to some degree the effects of a facelift last considerably longer. Hope this answers your question and good luck in doing your research.

Edwin F. Williams, III, MD
Latham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and Blepharoplasty

The photos show an individual who would have great aesthetic benefit from a facelift and upper eyelid blepharoplasty.  However, if you have emotional concerns or other life issues that you are struggling with, I would encourage you to address these first with a Therapist or other mental health professional.  If you are emotionally primed and positive for your surgery, the healing and outcome are generally perceived as a better experience.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Anatomically, you appear to be a good candidate for surgery. And refreshing your appearance can definitely make people feel better about themselves and happier overall. I would caution you from thinking that it will "fix your life". There are a lot of good effects from a facelfit, but it is not a panacea for all of ligfes problems. If you go into surgery with realistc expectations, you shold be happy afterwards.

best of luck