I am looking to get my body reconstructed to go with my new life? (Photos)

I have lost over 100 lbs. on my own not through surgery. I am 170 lbs and 5'3". I would like to know what is covered by OHIP? If it is not covered what am I looking at for price? A little history I have had 2 sections both my children were over 10 lbs each. I have also had a hysterectomy. My back can not support the weight of my stomach fat and causing severe pain. even wearing a back brace eliminates half the pain. I am shopping around to find the right surgeon.

Plastic surgery after massive weight loss

Congratulations on achieving weight loss on your own. It seems like you are truly motivated in achieving a healthier life style. Cuddos to you! That being said, I believe a full TT with mesh reinforcement will help you achieve abdominal tone to help your back pain. The mesh acts like an internal girdle that helps stabilize your weight and reinforce your core. Once you've lost additional weight from this procedure (most loose an average of 10lbs) you will be ready to have your breasts lifted and reshaped. The Horndeski Method breast lift is a current method that utilizes your own breast tissue to create cleavage so that breast implants are not required. The vertical component has also been eliminated so there is less visible scarring. THM transfers the weight of the breasts on to your chest muscles to help relieve back, neck, and shoulder pain associated with heavy pendulous breasts. Attached is an example of what can now be achieved with current breast lifting technology.  

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Massive weight loss

In the US, it is very rare to get any of the surgeries covered by insurance. Sometimes they cover, a pannus removal of the lower abdomen.  I don't know about insurance coverage in other countries.

Massive weight loss

OHIP Coverage of Surgery

OHIP has very rigid criteria for coverage of panniculectomy, and one is that your apron must extend below your pubic bone.  Breast reduction is likely to be covered for you given your breast size  and back pain.  Fees will vary widely between surgeons, and the extent of surgery (and costs) would best be determined by means of a thorough consultation.

OHIP Coverage of Surgery

Body contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss.  Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  The belly button can be designed to look natural and have no scars on the exterior.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  A breast lift can be performed at the same time for improved shape and contour of your breasts. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Body contouring

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Post massive weight loss body contouring

Hello and thank you for your question . Congratulations on your weight loss . 

In the USA nothing will be covered by insurance . 

I specialize in post massive weight loss body contouring . 

It looks like you need a  lower body lift which in my hands includes : 

1 . A full tummy tuck . 

2 . A mons lift . 

3 . A strong lateral thigh lift . 

4 . A buttock lift . 

5 . Auto augmentation of the buttocks and hips . The hip flap is designed to help increase or maintain your hip / waist ratio . 

Breast lift with a small reduction . 

Possibly liposuction of the arms.

Your are looking at a total cast of about $22,000.

Peter Fisher M.D 

1 . A full tummy tuck . 

2 . A mons lift . 

3 . A strong lateral thigh lift . 

4 . A buttock lift . 

Breast lift with a small reduction . 

Possibly liposuction of the arms.

Peter Fisher M.D 

Price varies by Location, Surgeon, Anesthesia, Etc.

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There is a mini tummy tuck, tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

I am looking to get my body reconstructed to go with my new life?

Congratulations on your weight loss! From your photos - it appears that you would benefit from a post- weight loss reconstruction. You can start with your abdomen and breast first -- as a first stage -- best to discuss you goals at your in person exam/ consultation.Be sure to seek an experienced Board Certified PS who specializes in body contouring procedures post-massive weight loss. 

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and review of your medical history to give you an accurate determination if you are a good candidate for these procedures. Based on your photographs, you would benefit from a tummy tuck and liposuction to remove the sagging skin, tighten the abdomen and remove excess fat. You want to make sure that you BMI is 30 or less, if it is not I would recommend losing some weight first then maintaining your goal weight for at least 3-6 months prior to undergoing cosmetic surgery. Costs vary depending on the surgeon and location. I can tell you that the RealSelf average costs for a tummy tuck alone is between $8,000 and $9,000, this is considered a cosmetic procedure and would not be covered by insurance. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Tummy tuck

Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery