How much Voluma would I need, and what results can I expect? (photos)

I have an appointment booked to discuss Voluma with a practitioner in London, but I would like to find as much as I can beforehand as to what changes I could expect. So there are two photos of me, and two photos of my 'ideal' cheeks. On the ideal ones, both women clearly have 'apple' cheeks. On my photos, even when I smile I feel my cheeks don't go 'up' but more 'out'. Is it possible my cheeks could resemble these two 'ideals' a bit more with Volume? Thanks in advance to any answers!

Injectables for volume loss

Thank you for your question and photos. From your photos you seem to be a great candidate for Voluma injections. These injections will definitely help attain the “apple” cheeks you are after. Without an in person evaluation it is hard to determine how much filler you would need to attain these results but typically it is 1-2 syringes of Voluma. Make sure you see a qualified, expert injector for this treatment.

Voluma for Cheeks

Thank you for posting your pictures. Voluma is GREAT to restore volume in the cheeks/malar region. Because of the high demand for this filler, the market price per 1cc is around $1,000 in my area (Miami, FL). I am limited in the amount of syringes I can use in one session with most of my patients because of cost. With 1cc you will see some results but most likely you will need between 2-3 cc. The best way to achieve this is by doing it in steps. For example, instead of waiting 2 years, which is the estimated time the filler will last, I would inject again in 6 months to build up on top of the first session. You can repeat the process again in another 6 months. Once you have achieved the volume you desire you can space more your sessions. Hope this was helpful. Good luck!

Voluma for cheeks

Yes it is certainly possible to get more volume to the area of the cheeks that you describe. I would recommend no less than 1 cc per cheek to start.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma and mid face enhancement

Usually one to two syringes total per treatment session. 
Voluma is an ideal treatment for enhancement of the mid face. It works beautifully to correct malar fat descension and aging of the mid face. In some case it is been shown to last up to 2 years. It is not FDA approved for any other location other than mid face. It is a deep injection just off the bone and requires expertise in injecting.
I would recommend you discuss your issue with a board certified dermatologist.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

How Much Do I Need?

How much Voluma you need is not a simple question that can easily be answered in this forum.
You should discuss it with your practitioner.
I agree with the answers given so far and would warn you to make sure you choose wisely from among the many practitioners who can use the product.
Make sure you are "in sync" with the one you choose, that you feel comfortable that he or she understands what you want from the product.

I try to start "lighter" and add more filler after my patient and I see the results.  Sometimes less is more and other times, more is needed to obtain the desired result.

I usually start, with patients like you, with two syringes of Voluma.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

Voluma

Thanks for your question! Voluma can give instant lifting for your volume loss that can last longer than most fillers on the market today. I have seen great success with Voluma in my practice. What I do, is get my patients to come in for a consult to see how much the patient would need and discuss pricing. Check with your physician for a consult. That way you feel comfortable going in and have all questions answered beforehand. Good luck with your Voluma! You will love it!

Retna A. Billano, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

How much Voluma would I need, and what results can I expect

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I think you would be an excellent candidate for Voluma cheek augmentation.  Looking at your "goal" photographs, I would anticipate you to need one syringe of Voluma per cheek to get an equivalent fullness.  Voluma is a very thick gel, and what you see after an injection is largely what you will maintain.  Other fillers require water absorption to get your final results. If you are concerned about the amount needed, you can start with a half syringe of Voluma in each cheek, look at a mirror, and add another half if you still desire more volume. Best wishes

Voluma for 'apple' cheeks

I like Voluma for the cheeks and other areas of the face.  It is long lasting and I find provides excellent lift with little post treatment swelling.  However, I would advise you to discuss your needs with your physician and hear from her which filler she recommends for you and why.  Remember it is not the paint, it is the painter that creates a Rembrandt or Monet.  A talented injector can create the look you desire with a variety of methods.  

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Determining volume of Voluma to use

Thank you for your question about your Voluma.

• Given the look you have in mind, I would think you will need 2 syringes of Voluma.
  • Since filler results are evident immediately, have one syringe and then a second if you feel it is needed.
  • It is important to remember that we cannot have the looks of another person - every person's anatomy is unique and wish photos are only a guide to what you have in mind, what not can be achieved.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Voluma and cheek augmentation

Voluma is a great product for cheek augmentation and will give you an immediate lift to your skin and improve the contours and angles of your face.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist in London who has experience with this product to achieve beautiful results.