Upturned nose when will it go?

I have Just had nose surgery last week and the tip of my nose is upturned. My nose tip was shortened during the surgery. The cast , tape and the stitches are coming of this week after this is done will the upturned position of my nose go down and look normal ?

Rhinoplasty inquiry

You are very early in your post-operative recovery period. The amount of tip refinement and definition will increase as the swelling resolves. The tip rotation (how upturned it is) will also improve - as the swelling decreases the tip will drop a bit.
Certainly express your concerns to your surgeon, and follow his/her treatment recommendations to ensure the best result.

Upturned nose

Thank you for your question.The body takes 6-9 months following surgery to heal. Please be patient with your healing and the look of your nose tip. Continue to check with you surgeon to make sure the healing is normal. Best of luck to you.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments at this point of your post op.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Upturned nose. When will it go?

Shortly after a rhinoplasty procedure, the tip may appear upturned. With the passage of time, this usually improves, and the tip drops a bit. It is however difficult to say how much the tip will drop by and when exactly this will happen.
Kind regards,