How to get rid of droopy sad mouth lines? (Photo)

I have down turned lines at the end of my mouth which makes me look grumpy & sad. How would I get rid of them?

Marionette lines

Marionette lines can form on the edges of your mouth and lead to downturned edges of a mouth. Sometimes filler can help lift that area when placed just in front of a marionette line instead of into the marionette line. A board certified plastic surgeon can help address your questions with an in person consultation. Best of luck, MMT

Lip augmentation

I would suggest gently filling the labiomental areas of your face. When done properly, it will improve the appearance of the of the corners of your mouth.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination I would start with a dermal filler into the corners of your lips to help build up the area and help smooth/camouflage the droopy mouth lines.  Hope this helps. 

Improving a sad mouth ("frownies")

This can be done best with a combination of Botox/Dysport in the DAO muscle and filler. The best fillers are more robust, such as Restylane, Lyft, and Radiesse.

Steven F. Weiner, MD