Are my rhinoplasty goals realistic and achievable? 19 yr old, UK (Photo)

Disclaimer: I understand a more thorough in-person consultation to examine the anatomy of my nose is needed but I would like your opinion based off my photos & morphs I have created. I would like to correct my deviated septum, deprojection of my tip and to also have it defined and slightly rotated. I would like a narrower and straighter nose with less flared and smaller nostrils. My skin thickness is 0.39 if that helps. Is what I want realistic? What would you suggest? Many thanks.

Rhinoplasty Aesthetic Goals Realistic? Yes

Thanks for your post. Congratulations on your thoughtful personal evaluation to the aesthetic goals associated with a rhinoplasty. I always appreciate the patient who is clear about their goals and expectations! Your photo morphs are beautiful and realistic. To me, these images form the basis of a professional discuss about your particular interests and would help plan a natural rhinoplasty result for you. The most difficult part in rhinoplasty is now ahead of you, finding an experienced rhinoplasty specialist to help you achieve your wishes. Best of luck in your research. 

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. What you are proposing is realistic and you could expect an outcome similar to what you like. A consult will give more information.  Good luck. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Are My Rhinoplasty Expectations Realistic?

Yes, your goals are very realistic. I suggest you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist who can show you similar results in patients who had a nose like yours.

Realistic goals

Your goals are realistic. However, I think that your ideal nasolabial angle needs to be increased from 90  to about 95 degrees. Your ideal nose is too long and when you shorten it a slight bit, the angle can be made to be 95 degrees. This will look more feminine

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Yes, your goals are realistic. I think you would benefit from a dorsal hump reduction and tip refinement. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump and your tip can be refined by trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. I do recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed. Best of luck in your endeavors.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Realistic Goals

Hello and thanks for your question. I think, you have a high self-consciousness and made your research very well. Your expectations are realistic and doable, which may herald your postoperative satisfaction. Please do not forget that recovery period of rhinoplasty is a relatively long process and no one has a magic wand, which heals you instantly. So it takes time to see rhinoplasty results.

I wish you the best!

Kind regards

Guray Yesiladali, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon