Loose Skin or Fat? (photos)

Is this loose skin or fat? What is my best option to get rid of it?

Loose skin or fat?

Thanks for your question. From the photos it looks like the excess tissue you are talking concerned with is extending around your back and is a combination of fat and skin. Having already had a tummy tuck I presume that the your abdomen has been tightened up, and has left a relative excess of skin on the back. If this is the case then a back reduction/buttock lift would be required.The scars from your abdominoplasty would have to be extended laterally and if necessary right the way across the top of you buttocks.  Liposuction may work, but only if you skin still has the elasticity to retract, otherwise it may leave you with more loose skin. You would require a clinical assessment to determine which is best for you. 

Cambridge Plastic Surgeon

Loose Skin or Fat?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided pictures as well. Based on your pictures you look to have extra skin. I recommend you to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation and to talk about your goals and concerns.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposuction or abdominoplasty

Hi - thanks for your question.  From your photos it looks as though you would require excision of skin with a tummy tuck combined with liposuction to give you the best results.  Liposuction alone would likely leave you with an excess of skin that would not retract.  The only way to remove excess skin would be by excising it.