I'm a good candidate for Rhinoplasty? 38yr old male. (photo)

I was wondering what is possible at first glance? In the last five or so years the tip of my nose has drooped forward and got larger which I understand is normal as you age. Can this be fixed? Can I get better definition around my nostrils or is my skin too thick?

Candidate for rhinoplasty

Dear Charlie,Thank you very much for posting so many pictures.For what I see you can certainly improve size and shape of your nose with surgery.I notice also a moderate deviation on the left side and I wonder if you have any difficulties breathing? In that case you might need also some work on the septum.This type of surgery needs to be explained very carefully and I would recommend to see a European or UK board plastic surgeon with excellent references and before&after pictures to show you at consultation.With best regards,

London Plastic Surgeon

I'm a good candidate for Rhinoplasty? 38yr old male.

Hello charlieharper - Thanks for your question. I think you would make a good candidate for rhinoplasty as long as you are healthy and have reasonable expectations. You might benefit from a dorsal hump reduction, along with tip reduction. Your skin appears moderately thick, but should still work well with rhinoplasty.  I would recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist in your area for an exam and to perform simulations to better understand what is possible. Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for rhinoplasty

Based on the photo, you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. However, you should consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  The best place to start is schedule a consultation with an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon who can explore the possibilities with you.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon