Complication removing cast after rhinoplasty and now I have a bump on my nose - should I be concerned? (Photo)

I had open rhinoplasty with bump removal and a slightly raised tip. During the cast removal on day 7 I felt a click in my nose and it felt like the nurse was putting pressure on my nose at the time. She then stopped and another nurse finished removing the cast who was more gentle. I could see a bump on my nose after with swelling. The pictures include pre-op nose on the right, post -op on the left. I then had a heavy nose bleed 2 days after cast removal which lasted 15 mins whilst I was walking.

Rhinoplasty Recovery

Sounds like you are still early in your recovery, and your nose will undergo many changes over the next few months. However, it is always prudent to inform your surgeon of any concerns and to follow up closely with him/her to ensure the best results.

Cast removal

Thanks for reaching out.  Your results look great.  There is still a good amount of swelling so I would give it a few months before getting concerned.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon