Am I a good rhinoplasty candidate?

I think my nose is over projected and would like to remove the hump and make it appear more attractive.

Am I a good rhinoplasty candidate?

Hi, I have performed and taught Rhinoplasty for 30 years.  From the photos your nose has a slight dorsal hump with a tip that is a bit wide.  Rhinoplasty can reduce the dorsal hump and refine the nose and tip.  The chin is also a bit weak creating an imbalance making the nose look larger and the mid face appear top heavy. Chin augmentation, with a chin implant, will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I frequently perform both procedures at the same time.  

You seem to have a clear idea of what you would like your nose to look like & the changes that you wish to see.  Thus I believe that you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  Be sure to have at least 1 in person consultation with a surgeon & ideally have a look at some 3D imaging (eg. Vectra) to see what your expected outcome would look like on you.  All the best

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty yes or no?

Hi Jodi,
Thanks for the question.
Looking at the profile pictures it seems you are happy with all other views of your face and what is hauting you is your profile.
In that case yes it can be fixed for you.
Photo-animation pictures  before surgery of expected profilo-plasty results that can be offered to your before surgery, if you can manage to surf and reach to the right surgeon out of the crowed who can do it for you if you have funds to do it.
I do see a scope for chin augmentation along with rhinoplasty.
I wish you surging with wisdom.
Check my website.

Am I a good rhinoplasty candidate?

Having a rhinoplasty procedure is a personal decision. If you have concerns about your nose, then the most sensible thing is to discuss those concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Kind regards.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

The photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose with a dorsal hump, and a mildly recessive chin. The recessive chin makes the nose look larger relative to the side profile. Consider a rhinoplasty procedure to shave down the dorsal hump, reduce the projection of the nose, and adjust the tip accordingly. A small Silastic chin implant can be inserted through a submental approach to give added projection to the chin to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. For many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Thank you for sending those photos. I agree with you as far as the projection of your nose is concerned. However, I think the nose projection us not just due to the small hump you have. It is also due to the retracted chin making your nose look over projected. So I suggest, in order to get the best outcome, you need to consider both areas. The question remains which one comes first. Since your hump is not that large, I would say start with your chin that can be solved with less invasive procedures and then see how satisfied you are and make your decision.

Shady Hayek, M.D. 
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 
Beirut, Lebanon 

Shady Hayek, MD
Lebanon Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good rhinoplasty candidate?

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would worthwhile.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining… you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

If you are still ambivalent about undergoing the procedure after having plastic surgery consultations, I would suggest that you not have the procedure until you are sure that you want to do it.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Hi.  It is difficult to say exactly what you require as there is no frontal view.  From the side you definitely have a mild nasal hump which can be corrected with surgery.  Regards

Am I a good rhinoplasty candidate

From your profile pictures (there is no frontal view), it appears that your bridge is convex.This can be corrected by rhinoplasty. There is nothing seen in the pictures that would signal that you are not a good candidate.
 For facial harmony and balance, you should also strongly consider a chin implant.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon