I'm 23 and have had 9ml of Voluma this year, why have others not seen a significant difference?

I'm 23 have a weak chin and slim cheeks so wanted filler. this year i have had, 2ml voluma in February, 1ml voluma in march, 2ml voluma in September, 1ml voluma in October. Me and the doctor agreed i could still have another 3ml between chin and cheeks next month and still look natural. i feel that is a lot of filler however nobody has actually noticed i have had filler. i just want opinions is this normal i can a difference however I'm surprised at the amount i have had nobody else can tell.

Voluma injections

It sounds like you have had the injections spaced out regularly, so that may be why no one has noticed a big change. I bet if you go back and post a picture from before you had it done and one from recently you would see a big difference. It is hard for you to notice a big difference when you look in the mirror everyday so you dont often see the big differences. Also, 9ml of Voluma is quite a bit of product, even if it has been spaced out over a year.  If you are requiring such large amounts of filler have you thought of a chin implant or fat grafting? That is a more permanent approach.  Good luck with however your proceed.

Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Others have not noticed difference after 9cc of Voluma

Because you have had the 9cc of Voluma over a period of time, your results have been fairly gradual.  If you had had the 9cc all at one time, my guess is that more people would have noticed a difference.  The people seeing you often have not seen a dramatic change because the change in your appearance has been over time.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma results

This is a large amount of Voluma for your age and it would be surprising to not see any results. I would review your before and after photographs with your physician and determine if Voluma is right for what you want. Uploading a set of before/after photos to this site would also help us to comment further. 

Voluma

Thank you for your question. It would be very helpful to review before and after pictures throughout your Voluma injections. Each patient has a different reaction to fillers, and each patient has a different need for fillers in order to reach their goals. Natural-looking and more youthful results are the goal of every facial plastic surgeon so it seems recommended that your surgeon has you slowly increasing your treatment amounts. Please remain patient during your recovery and throughout the treatment plan. Over time, you will notice an improvement in the fullness of your cheeks. You need time for the fillers to take effect.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too much voluma

this sounds like an awfully lot of volume especially with no significant effect. 

A second opinion is warranted. 

I recommend you to discuss specific issues regarding your questions with your dermatologist. 

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma results

My bet is that no one has noticed because you've been smart and spaced your injections over a period of time so that your results are gradual. Go back and look at a photo of yourself before you started and you will probably see a big difference. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Typically individuals notice their face more than the people around them. Do you notice any difference? are you happy with your results? that is what matters most. It sounds like your injector did a good job in the sense that they gave you a natural and not "over done" look.

Too much Voluma?

That does sound like a great deal of Voluma to still not see an improvement. However, don't focus on what others have or have not said. Compare your photos from before and how you look now. You may see more of an improvement than you realize. 

Voluma in your 20's

The amount of Voluma that you are describing is quite a lot for your age.  Please post before and after photos to assess the changes.  Best, Dr. Green

I'm 23 and have had 9mls of Voluma this year, why have others not noticed?

Thank you for sharing your question and experience.  At 23 years of age this is a significant amount of Voluma used and would be surprising to show little change or effect to your appearance.  I would discuss your concerns with your injector in order to compare your before and after photographs and discuss either continued treatment or different filler use.  Best wishes.