Are these rhinoplasty and chin reduction results realistically achievable for me? (Photos)

Hello, I'm aiming to have a rhinoplasty & chin reduction in the near future to balance out my facial features and give me more of a feminine face. Do the two photos I've provided present a realistic "after" photo that could be achieved with surgery and if so, what would be the best way to go about obtaining this look? I understand it's hard to give me a definite answer, but I would just like to know whether it's possible for me to have such a smaller nose and chin? Thank you

Rhinoplasty and Chin Reduction

Both your rhinoplasty and chin reduction imaging is realistic. That type of chin reduction needs to be done by a vertical reduction sliding genioplasty.

Are My Goals for Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation Realistic?

Your expectations seem to be very realistic.  The best way to achieve your goals is to work with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who shows you multiple examples of excellent results in patients who had a nose like yours.

Are these rhinoplasty and chin reduction results realistically achievable for me?

Hello kellybrownx - Thanks for your question. The results that you seek are possible but will require fairly aggressive surgery to achieve. A nose that small might have some airway problems that develop or worsen from the reduction. You may need genioplasty surgery for that amount of chin reduction. I would recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist with significant chin surgery experience for more information on your specific case. It makes sense to have them photograph your face and perform simulations of they think they can achieve to see if you are comfortable with any limitations. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin reduction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  A chin reduction can be performed at the same time to soften your features.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Yes

From what I can see, the manipulated photographs do represent an achievable result.  However, I would caution that photos such as these should be used as a guideline and not a guarantee of any result.

Ethan Philpott, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Surgery can address your nose and chin to create smaller features. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Many offices - like ours - offer advanced imaging technology to simulate how surgical changes to your face will affect your overall appearance. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic expectations for Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question.  I think the results that you seek are achievable through nose shaping surgery.  However it is very hard to predict if you will exactly looked like that.  Every patient is different in terms of the skin thickness, skin quality, bone and cartilage structure. Initially you will have significant swelling which will subside over time and I advise the patients to wait for one year to see the final results. 

M. Azhar Ali, MD, FACS
Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon