Requisite volume of lip filler for top lip only? (Photo)

I would like to get hyaline if acid lip filler injections (juvederm) but I am unsure of the appropriate volume to request for a natural enhancement. I am not a fan of the trout pout but I feel I'd like to plump up my top lip (primarily) which to me seems disproportionate to my bottom lip. Would 0.5ml be suitable if I wanted to focus mostly on this area? I've included a bare faced picture for most accurate lip size reference.

Upper lip filler

I would recommend having a consultation with a dermatologist that has experience with esthetics.

You will be able to have a natural enhancement with fillers, but the amount it will be decided during your consultation based on your results and desires.

Montreal Dermatologist

Lip augmentation with fillers

Thank you for posting your question and sharing your photographs. You would probably have better results with Restylane Silk. Not only would it volumize your lips, but also give an attractive outward roll. An experienced doctor will be able to inject the correct amount.   Good luck,

Requisite volume of lip filler for top lip only?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Because of the thin tissues of the lips they have a tendency towards swelling and I would advise doing an incremental increase in size with no more than a 0.5cc of filler to start with.  After your results mature in the 2-3 weeks following treatment you can decide if you would like a touch-up.  Hope this helps

Lip filler amount

If done properly, you should be just fine with 1 mL.  More doesn't have to mean it looks abnormal, and your face could easily accomodate the larger lips.  Sometimes I'll stop at 0.8 or so, and save a little bit for the follow up visit if someone is very paranoid.  But, I find myself doing that less and less, because once the swelling goes down, it looks natural.  That's just me.  Cheers

How much filler for upper lip

I am not a fan of just filling one lip. Invariably, the upper lip becomes too big when compared to the lower. It needs to keep the golden ratio of 1:1.6. Not too many places sell just a 1/2 syringe. I think that you are young and could use a full syringe spread out in and around the lips. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Getting Lips You Love--Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm)

The amount needed will depend on your desired final results. For best results, I recommend seeing a cosmetic dermatologist that specializes in facial contouring and injections. These fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical and full lip. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip injections

Juvederm will make a nice enhancement to the lip area.  The wonderful thing about fillers is that you can go slowly and add more as you choose.  Start slowly to avoid a look you don't want, and if it's not enough volume you can return to your injector for more product.  Be aware that with lip injections swelling and bruising are common.  It can take up to two weeks for the swelling to subside, so at first you should anticipate an exaggerated look.

Camille Cash, MD

Requisite Volume Of Lip Filler For Top Lip Only?

Thank you for your excellent question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation with a small amount of a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm.  The amount of product required to achieve your desired result depends on your goals and expectations.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  I would suggest starting with no more than one syringe.  Please keep in mind that the lips have a tendency to swell and that it will take 2 weeks to see your final result.  You can always add more product, if necessary, to achieve your desired result.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!