Cellulite treatment - what specialist should I consult? Dermatologist or plastic surgeon?

what doctor specialty should I consult for cellulite treatment? dermatologist or plastic surgeon?

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Seeking cellulite treatment

Cellfina appears to be the best treatment on the market for cellulite with patient satisfaction rates well over 90% three years after treatment. Find a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist experienced in this technique and obtain a consultation. They can examine you and discuss treatment options with you.

Paul M. Parker, MD, FACS
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Either a well qualified PS or Derm will be able to help you. The real issue is what treatments does the particular doc offer and how much experience does he/she have? There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Thank you for your good question

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Treatments for Cellulite

Thank you for your question. Either Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Board Certified Dermatologist is a good choice provided they treat this condition frequently, and can anticipated the results for you. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

This answer will definitely differ in the US but it looks like you are based in Canada, and up here only a Royal College certified plastic surgeon will be able to help you with your cellulite. 

Without examining you it is difficult to be certain what would be best for you but depending on the severity of your cellulite treatments such as CelluTite can significantly improve the appearance. In more severe cases fat grafting can also be used to help fill the indentations. Get a consultation with a plastic surgeon near you to see what they have to offer. Best of luck!

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Cellulite treatment with a qualified physician...

Thank you for your question. When searching for a physician it is important to check their credentials and experience. Both Dermatologist and Plastic Surgeons can specialize in the treatment of cellulite. As a board certified dermatologist who pioneered the SmartLipo and Cellulaze procedures in NY, I have completed hundreds of successful procedures and I always urge my patients to ask questions, look at before and after and speak to prior patients of mine before making a decision. It is important to educate yourself not only about the physician but also about any cosmetic procedure you are considering. Hope this helps!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite Treatment

What matters is who is doing the treatment and their experience.  I have been treating cellulite for almost 10 years with amazing results using laser liposuction (cellulaze), subcision and fat grafting.  I am one of few doctors in the country using new devices in clinical trials for this vary condition.  Very few plastic surgeons have the devices or use the techniques that I do.  With that said, the title shouldnt matter.  What should matter is the experience of the trained physician, that they are board certified and that they have a practice dedicated to this type of surgery/treatment.  Do not compromise your care for cost or distance.  Best, Dr. Emer.