Breasts are still swollen, a bit far apart and very painful (2.5 weeks), 250cc moderate profile silicone implant. (Photo)

I am still in pain (especially in the morning). Was advised to take painkillers but how long for? Anything I can do to manage it? Wanted a full C cup so my surgeon advised 250cc but they have turned out to be huge!! I am petite 5'3/163 cm and 53kg. Really worried they are too big for my frame. Will they go down in size? Was 34 B although didn't have much volume/projection. They are a bit too far apart. Is there anything I can do at this early stage to help bring them closer? Maybe wear the band?

Breasts are still swollen, a bit far apart and very painful (2.5 weeks), 250cc moderate profile silicone implant.

You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

See your surgeon

You should make an appointment with your plastic surgeon for an in person examination as the symptoms you are describing could indicate a number of things. More pictures would be helpful, but having your doctor examine you and prescribe further treatment is probably necessary.

Good luck!

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Breasts are still painful, too large, too far apart with 250 cc moderate profile at 2.5 weeks

On your photos you have a nice shape, and the implants are well centered behind your breast mound and nipples.  The only way to bring them further in would be larger implants, or to have placed the implants more medially which would have displaced your nipples laterally.   Regarding pain, most people feel much better by 2.5 weeks, but there is no evidence of any problems on your photos, so the pain should settle down.  Many women initially feel too large, but as they adjust, and the swelling continues to resolve, over time they feel comfortable.  If not, then the implants can be exchanged for smaller ones, but 250 cc is a very moderate size.  I would be patient, and continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Early in recovery period

thanks for your question and photography. As you are still early in the recovery process, there isstill some stiffness in the pectoralis muscle as well as some swelling present. Over time, this will relax and allow the implants to come a little closer together. Ask your chosen plastic surgeon about displacement exercises that  may hasten the softening of the muscle. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

2.5 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about final results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards
DR. Emmanuel Mallo.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Cleavage

Your anatomy will dictate your final cleavage.  You can not "force" it together. Best of luck with your results.

Thank you for your question and photographed. Your very early in recovery, your breasts are still swollen from surgery and the implants will look smaller with time. It is very early to be concerned about final shape and position.

However I suggest that you see your plastic surgeon and ask if you may start breast implant displacement exercises pushing the implants towards the center to help open the pocket and bring the implants closer together. The result looks quite good at this point and I did reassure you. However it is important that she was surgeon guide your recovery and do not rely on Internet advice.