What can I do to treat post inframammary hyperpigmentation?

i had acne scars a while back, i bought 25% TCA peel and did it to myself at home. it was really good for the scars but left a slightly darker skin patch near my eyes and i searched it up and i believe its called 'post inflammatory hyperpigmentation' i use glycolic peels now as they are weaker but how can i get rid of the dark patch? people say use peels but that doesnt make sense as peels are what gave me the darker skin . If you recommend any creams or anything please give me a name.

Doctor Answers 2

Peels combined with creams and SPF

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Wow, 25% TCA is way too strong, video below shows a SAFE but conservative concentration. You do need to combine TCA with HQ creams and lots of SPF to reduce PIH. Skin darkening can also be treated with Pico lasers and Q switch lasers, once again combined with prescription creams. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation -- Skin Lightening, Light Peels, microsecond YAG

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I suggest you see an expert , a combination approach is typically needed for improvement.  Best, Dr. emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.