Pain in donor area after FUE (Photo)

After day 5 I have suffered from a lot of pain in donor area seeing my ht doctor in a few days- number 1 in uk pain feels like sharp needles and gets worse through the day Ibropofen and paracetamol help a little massaging vit e and aloe recipient area numb tiny pimples in the donor area The redNess has all gone All scabbing has gone thousands of tiny hairs in recipient area no shedding tears not slept since day five for more than a few hours even with all the painkillers Any ideas ?

Most people feel pain after FUE is minimal. There may be rare cases where someone may report disproportionate pain

Most people feel pain after FUE is minimal. There may be rare cases where someone may report disproportionate pain.  If you are one of them, it is best to contact your doctor for further evaluation and treatment.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Pain after FUE hair transplant

What you describe is a rare occurrence following FUE hair transplants. I have found a combination of anti inflammatories (including oral steroids) and analgesics to be very effective if given in the immediate time of onset. If this persists, neuro-active medications like Gabapentin might be useful. Consult your hair transplant doctor ad if necessary, see a neurologist.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Pain after fue hair transplant

A little bit of discomfort after a few days is normal. However if you continue to feel pain, it is unusual and it is best to do a follow up visit with your doctor.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Pain reported after FUE

This is highly unusual as most patient with FUE have no pain at all and few take any medications. A meeting with your doctor is the next step as you are doing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Pain in donor area after FUE procedure

hairymonkey,This is not a normal post-op occurrence. Please contact your surgeon and schedule your follow up visit. You do    not need us to offer hypothetical possibilities. What you need is an up close evaluation to determine what is the cause of this discomfort? Infection, neuritis etc....All the best,
Bernardino Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon