Should i get a hair transplant? (photos)

Im 20 years old. I started noticing temple loss on one side a year ago now it has progressed and im unable to style my hair sleek back as it shows an imbalance in hair line can i get a small transplant to make my temples symmetrical ? My father is NW 5 so keeping this in mind.

Hair Transplant only effective treatment for Frontotemporal Hair Loss

It is proven that Hair Transplant is the only effective treatment for Frontotemporal hair regrowth.
Therefore a hair transplant is suitable for any patient with male pattern hair loss, no matter how young. 
To prevent further future hair loss of your NON-TRANSPLANTED hair, oral Propecia and topical Minoxidil is prescribed for daily use .

Singapore Physician

Hair Transplant at Age 20

You have a family history of Norwood Class 5 balding and are currently young. Thank you for sharing the family history. You most likely will lose much more hair. In young patients that are programmed for more hair loss; remember if surgery is performed hair line needs to be designed to account for future loss as well maintaining adequate donor supply of hair for future needs. Pursue medical therapy first and surgical therapy possibly in a few years.  Best wishes.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Candidacy to undergo hair restoration surgery in a 20 YO

Xavier121,Looks like you have receding at the temples, this is typical of Androgenetic Alopecia, which supported by the positive family history. I would recommend a consultation with a hair loss specialist. Any other conditions should be excluded, and your donor be thoroughly evaluated.Serious consideration should be given to maximizing medical therapy to stabilize your condition. I would re-evaluate in 6-12 months.
Sincerely,

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

To transplant or not

Per the photos, your hairline and corners seem to be regressing.  Given that you are 20 and your father is a class 5, I recommend you see a hair transplant specialist and start on finasteride.  This medication will help you to keep the hair you have and perhaps grow some more. Hair transplant is also an option, but you need to be evaluated by a hair specialist to review your options and decide which one works better for you

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

The decision to have a hair transplant or any elective cosmetic surgery should not be made with photos on the Internet.

The decision to have a hair transplant or any elective cosmetic surgery should not be made with photos on the Internet.  You need to see a doctor in person.  You need a physical examination and medical history taken by your doctor.  You need to understand or educate yourself on what is possible with surgery.  You need to understand the risks associated with surgery.  These things are not easily done with a few photos on an Internet forum.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Should I get a hair transplant

You seem to have a very early Class 3 pattern of balding and the decision to have a hair transplant is a personal one, not a doctor's decision. I would try the drugs first and maybe you can avoid a hair transplant. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon