Would I be able to completely remove this tattoo? (Photo)

Hi, years ago I though was a good idea to get this cover-up on top of a dark green tattoo with the shape of a star. I'd like to know if I can make it to remove both of them completely and approximately how many sections will require. Attached pic. Many thanks.

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

Tattoos can be removed with lasers but this will take many treatments given the multiple colors. No matter the device it will take several treatments to see the outcome and response to treatment.You may need more depending on your response and the technology. Please consult with a laser expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Multi colored laser tattoo removal

While laser technology for tattoo removal has become more advanced with the advent of picosecond technology it is difficult to guarantee complete removal. It is very important to have realistic expectations of you are considering laser tattoo removal. The darker colors such as blue, black, green are easier to clear while colors such as yellow, orange or red are more difficult to removal. There are many variables such as location, and type of ink. Lasers work by fragmenting the ink particles sitting beneath the skin but it is up to your body to clear those particles and therefor it is difficult to guarantee complete removal. 

This is tattoo with newer technology can take anywhere from 8 to 12 sessions and with older q switched technology could be even longer. 

All the best
Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Tattoo Removal

Some of the colors might be difficult but you could definitely improve the appearance. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green