12th day after hair transplant

Hi, today while shampooing (I'm on my 12th day after hair transplant) I noticed very little blood coming out from a hair follicle. As soon as I tapped with some paper, it stopped.....so no more bleeding. I looked at that precise spot, and what I could see was a very little red dot (barely visible). What was that? Is it possible that I pulled out a graft after twelve days?.....was it a deep scab that caused bleeding?..... a hair trying to come to surface?

You cannot diagnose a problem on the Internet. It would all be guessing. You may have lost a graft or dislodged a scab.

You cannot diagnose a problem on the Internet. It would all be guessing.  You may have lost a graft or dislodged a scab.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Bleeding after 12 days in recipient area

This may reflect a graft that came out during the washing or rubbing on a towel of pillow. Did you do something to make it happen. Usually it is not a problem even if you lost a graft

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Bleeding from transplanted area 12 days out

TwelfthDAy,It is not possible to know with certainty but 12 days post-transplant the receptive area should be well healed. It might have been a crust/blood clot that was dislodged causing it to bleed a little. At any rate, to lose one graft is probably not going to be significant in the scheme of things.

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Transplant Bleeding

Without evaluating the area myself it would be impossible to determine precisely what is going on. That being said it is normal to have some area where the follicle bleeds from. Likely the red dot is a small blood clot. These are best left alone with continued post transplant care that was recommended by your transplant surgeon. Best of luck!

Sagar Patel, MD
Houston Physician